View Single Post
Old 04-28-08, 07:37 AM   #7
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

@Kapitan: I post because it is blatantly unfair to make false statements regarding the fault for the OP's game not functioning properly. In fact, it is purposely inflammatory and irresponsible. Throwing a temper tantrum is not a substitute which should be accepted for adult interaction.

When I help someone it is on condition that it happens on constructive terms, where the seeker of help is not throwing blame and "BTW Ubi i believe this comes under innadiquate product life/faulty goods under sales acts..." type comments. There are none so helpless as those who will not be helped. I can see that I am not completely crazy, as other posters have echoed my attitude.

That blame Ubi refrain gets very old and tired when every single person crying that has been left finally admitting that the game is not at fault for their inability to run it. I believe that moderators who defend such posts are not performing their proper function. When they imply that I should not post in opposition to attacks on Ubi which state the game does not run properly, they compound their error.

The only way to stop the blame Ubi song is to refuse to help those who sing it, and to state the reason the help is not provided. Hey, I just answered your question!

Now he has changed the song. He seems now willing to accept that something on his end could be changed to allow SH4 to run. So a constructive answer is appropriate.

@icecold please check out the newly renamed (thanks AVG!) How to reinstall SH4 thread. It will walk you through making a 100% clean install which will run correctly, provided your machine is up to snuff. Chances are, this will totally fix your problem. Solution provided after much research by Doolittle81, an SH3 stalwart who has made a valuable contribution to the SH4 community.

Icecold, internal conflicts in SH4 configuration files can happen for a thousand reasons, even to those of us who think we have a handle on the process. Any time the game starts acting "squirrely," a technical term for game weirdness (exactly what you describe) this is a very high probability fix. This is just like rebooting your computer. You may never know what was wrong but you will have fixed it, so who cares?

The no eyes for deck crew problem seems to be an 8800 series deal.
Quote:
Paajtor
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM

I found out, that many fps-issues can be solved, by simply pausing the game, the hit Alt+Tab, stay at desktop for a few secs, and then maximize SH4 again....issue solved.
I also managed to fix the "missing eyes" thing this way.
I'm still researching a fix on that one. No problem with it on my 7900GS or 7600GT cards with Windows XP. Might be a driver issue. Try a fallback to the previous driver.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 04-28-08 at 10:41 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote