Old 04-20-08, 05:57 PM   #187
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_b_spectre
Rubini:

Love the work you IAMBL, Privateer and others are doing . I installed the Lifeboats download from the first post of this thread and am very impressed. One thing I wanted to pass along (I don't know if it's common or peculiar to my system), but the bodies floating face-down appear to hover in heavy wave states. I feel sure this will not be seen in smooth sea states, but here's what it looks like in 15m/s seas:

The crates, barrels and life raft seem to generally stay in contact with the water's surface whereas the bodies rise above in large swells. Please don't think this is a criticism, I could never do what you guys are doing to enhance the game. I spent considerable time admiring the water streams on the mission from which this screenshot was taken. Looking forward to more of your handy work!
Thanks by the feedback mate!

No, this isnīt present only in your system, this is really a bug, but a SH3 engine hardcoded one, not that we can do to fix it. Sh3 donīt have good control over floating objects, mainly in big waves. If you read carefully the first post you will see that i already made some comments about this behaviour.

Any small object heavy this problem easily noticiable, the major ones also have the problem but itīs not so much noticiable. The unique thing that we can do is just only uses medium/big debris...and this is one of the feedbacks that iīm waiting...what you guys think that is better: bodies and small debris into water but living with this stock bug in big waves or just donīt use the small ones in the end??:hmm: What are your opinion?