View Single Post
Old 04-20-08, 12:54 AM   #9
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

I have no idea. Im utterly baffled.

One thing i *THOUGHT* i noticed as that compressed air usage rate is noticeably higher compared to fleet boat.

This leads me to think that *MAYBE* theres a variable for this in the submarines dat file somewhere. (yes i know im shooting in the dark in that hypothises).

See, my thing is, i would think that the function for compressed air is an inheirted object in the games code. Create the class object, and instantiate an instance of it for every submarine as part of its functionality. Now if that is true, then the compressed air rate would be the same for every boat. But, if i really observed what i thought i did (and i probably didn't), then that means the variable for the Compressed air usage rate is either hardcoded differently for uboats, OR, is a local object somewhere in a dat file.

(edit: either that or the Compressed air function in the games code is accepting arguments which vary per boat type, in which case im off base yet again)

Just me thinking aloud, i figure if this was the case, after all these years, someone would have found it by now, so im probably wearing a tin foil hat as a type this.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote