View Single Post
Old 04-11-08, 10:49 AM   #230
K19hiroshima
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
alliance

Right. does anyone want to model a british desil sub, as i said earlier im going there tomorro and ill be taking loads of pictures of everything so i can make a perfect control room etc. if anyone wants anything specific please ask and ill see what i can do...
also there is HMS Oberon at chatam dockyard in kent, ive been to see her, shes an "oberon class sub" (that so hard to guess isnt it?) and see was basically in operation until the late 1980s, so shes the british equivelent of the foxtrot.
it looks like ive got lots of british submarine stuff at my end.
Also my brother went to the last "festival of the sea", and he took loads of pictures of an "udaloy" class russian destoryer, the pics he got r realy hard to find on the internet, so if anyone wants any close ups, i got em.
has anyone here got access to early cold war russian subs? that one in america is pretty intresting, but unfortunatly the pics i got of the inside were pretty low resolution.
as ive got realy good access to british stuff, if anyone has a real intrest in are ships, im happy to tell u about it (we have a sailing boat in portsmouth harbour, so we see the destroyers and carriers every time we sail out. so to me theyre scenery lol. also ive slept on board HMS bristol twice, and im very accustomed to royal navy stuff.)

also at the submarine musium "holland 1" is now on display, so if anyone wants some pics of what she looks like nowadays, ill send em 2 u.
K19hiroshima is offline   Reply With Quote