View Single Post
Old 04-06-08, 02:44 PM   #10
fvd
Navy Dude

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvd
-The first battleship (Nevada-class) on the right is stuck in the sand and makes some "crash noizes".
If you mean the one just sitting there, that is another 'in game' boat, it is there sometimes and sometimes it isn't, not part of my mission. But if you mean one that is leaving port, I will have to check that out, didn't get any noises. Is it the one on the right facing into the harbor? [/quote]

Yes, that's the one, so then it's a "in game boat".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvd
-The task force 7 which is mentioned in the radio message and which should back me up remained a mistery for me cause i never saw it...
Hmmmm....That's strange it should have shown up just about the time you finished sinking the ships. Were you near the Star or did you leave the area, because they attack close to the star, a little south but close enough to destroy the Japanese fleet that you don't sink. Close enough so you can see there are ships in the distance. In fact when they show up, it distracts the DDs and I was sinking more ships, instead of trying to get away. But, if you were going north to evade that probably took you and the DDs out of the attack. I used the "cross the T" method. Don't know if you're familiar with that but the BBs like to attack in front of the enemy like the top of the T, that way they can fire all their guns but the enemy can only use the forward guns. Sound crazy being boadside but getting the distance right for a shot is more difficult than the aim. And the ship is obviously a lot longer than it is wide so it works. You are fireing all your guns at a long target while they are shooting only the front guns at a very narrow target. Depending on the ship you can be a couple hundred feet off on the distance and still hit them. But if they are off by half that they miss completely.[/quote]

Yes, i was near the star, just 12 km north of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvd
So all together it was an interesting mission, i liked the idea of the mission but maybe it needs some finetuning?
Anyway: thanks for the mission peabody and "keep up the good work" like they always said in SH3.
I totally agree it needs some work. Your comments and Nisgeis comments were a big help. I didn't see a lot of the problems you did, because I knew what was happening and what was going to happen. Kind of like having blinders on.
One thing that I really didn't like is most of the time there is a Carrier sitting right in front of the sub at the start and there weren't suppose to be any in port at that time. That is one reason the Enterprise is arriving as you leave port. It is a bit too far out and you are looking into the sun so you may not have noticed it, I was going to change that too.
Question: Did you check your map after the attack? Wondered if the Invasion force was destroyed? If there were a bunch of sunken ships on your map then the task force showed up, but maybe while you were evading the DDs. There were 4 grey ones the last time I played it and it turns out they were USA. But one time there was also a blue one, so I guess the red (obviously) is enemy and the blue and grey are Allied. Oh, darn there's the problem. Blue and Grey, I'm still in the Civil War.[/quote]

Yes, i checked the map but saw nothing like it, but i play at 96 % realism (just with external camera on), maybe this has something to do with it?

Thanks for all the comments and ideas, it gives me the information I need to make it better or at least playable.
And I really like the way you fixed the couple of bugs in your mission, perfect!

Peabody[/quote]

You're welcome!
Best regards,
fvd

Green persicope crossline's mod
fvd is offline   Reply With Quote