View Single Post
Old 04-05-08, 09:23 PM   #22
Skyhawk
A-ganger

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

For the record, the only reason I wrote my reply the way I did was to hopefully prompt some straightforward answers. Which I did, so in that regard "mission accomplished".

Definitely WAS NOT my intention to stir up any of that Atlantic/Pacific "whatever you want to call it" b.s.

I knew the answer to the question before I replied. Just thought it might have more meaning if some of those who had previously responded came back and answered the original question in a more straightforward way.

So, to all those who are submersing themselves in their bathtub and holding their breath while the SH3 to SH4 graphics engine conversion is released, time to surface! It's not going to happen!

And also for the record:

If I want to play a simulation of commanding a Uboat in the Atlantic, I play SH3 w/GWX.

If I want to play a simulation of commanding a Fleetboat in the Pacific, I play SH4 w/TMO.

The two things above are enough for me. I appreciate both of them for what they are and for the work that went into creating them.

Fantasy, "what if" scenarios, or over glorified mods of minor aspects of WWII submarine warfare, well I leave those to others. They are not my cup of tea and it doesn't bother me in the least if there are those who enjoy them. To each their own.

Whatever sim/mods you choose to use, have fun. And fun isn't had by sitting on your hands waiting for something better to come along when something of quality is right in front of you waiting for you to double-click that desktop icon!

As you were . . .

Back to silent running . . .