Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
23.) I'm getting entirely too many faulty torpedos!!!

Yes, TMO now includes a modification to increase torpedo malfuctions. The stock torpedos were undeniably too reliable. In increasing torpedo malfunctions, it is the intent to make it more then stock, but less then the "hardcore torpedo mod", something which not everyone can handle. That said, modding torpedo failures for any consistant behavior, is incredibly hard to do. Even with stock, the game can have periods where every torpedo you fire is a dud, followed by a period with no duds at all. Except in stock, the "no duds at all" was 95% of the play. Suffice to say, if you run into a period with excessive duds, its not the mod, its the game behaving in decidedly inconsistant behavior, and the torpedo malfunction rate settings in TMO, do not reflect values used in the hardcore torpedo mod; the values used here, are infact, less.
The readme quoted above suggests that I should get at least some duds. So far in 2 patrols in a Porpoise I've sunk 15 ships for around 50,000 tons using around 30 Mk XIV torpedos and I've not had one dud! Is this normal or am I just experiencing a vagary of the game as mentioned in the above snippet from the TMO readme?

WB.
Depends on the patrol year and how you setup your torpedos. Remember, historically the skippers were ordered to fire with a magnetic exploder for the keel shot. Then there was the torpedo shortage; so they did not fire large salvos one to two torps per target. This went on until '43.

The game is going set your dud rate and again that is largely inconsistent, I have had early war patrols with 80% dud rates to 0%.

Best way to avoid this is to do patrols after '43. If thats your cup of tea of course.

Happy Hunting

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote