View Single Post
Old 03-30-08, 04:20 PM   #678
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

pasting a copy of my general hard-typed description...

Things went badly I am out of action for a while/ I just spent 3 days in hospital, 2 of them hooked up on IV and 3 hours in ortho surgery. I am on a cocktail of painkillers, and my arm has 2 huge bolts through the elbow, steel plates connecting them to armbones on both sides, a large amount of wire holding broken-off pieces of my left elbow together. Which is to say my elbow is now almost completely titanium. All of that was done through a 6" lengthwise and 3" lateral incisions that are now held together with a ton of staples and will leave huge scars. Hopefully everything will go fine from this point on but there is a risk I could regain only partial use of my elbow. however all 3 major nerves going through my arm are undamaged and my hand will be okay. I can move and feel it just fine, but only up to the point where my forearm muscles are only partally needed - some of those are really screwed up at the moment. And typing with my right hand aint much fun right now either, s o I'll stop.

unless I figure out a good voice to text program, consider me out of the game. Using the mouse is easy for me but keyboard is a real strain.

any tips on voice to text input?I fear my thesis will need it now

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote