View Single Post
Old 03-25-08, 09:00 AM   #196
SuperCavitation
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser
Thanks for the info. I forget to ask about the warning that goes with deleting those files. It says some are not stock, so if you delete them they won't appear at all. This throws me. Does it mean there won't be a contact image on the map or the ships disappear from the sim entirely?

Sorry to seem dense, but I'm not as fluent with the mods as many here are. If someone could explain this I would appreciate it. I guess I need to get into a few encounters too to help understand the changes.
I took it to mean that there are new ships included with the mod that you won't find in the regular game. So, there are no red sillouttes created for these new ships - there never were, just "blobs." Therefore, if you delete all of the dds files, you will lose all "blobs" for said ships and you won't be able to see them on the map, assuming you have map update enabled.

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast. For I intend to go in harm's way." - Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, in a letter to le Ray de Chaumont.
SuperCavitation is offline   Reply With Quote