View Single Post
Old 03-23-08, 06:08 PM   #84
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
I believe the U-Boat should be the U-Boat and the Fleet Boat it's own animal. Any cross-fertilization to make the former sailors of one feel more comfortable in the other is, to my way of thinking, abominable. If you're a U-Boat person, make like Penelope and try to understand the Fleet Boat on its own terms. There will be a protracted period of discomfort because......it's not a U-Boat.

People from Fleet Boats trying out the U-Boat, don't ask for the U-Boat to be made more Fleet Boat friendly. It's a U-Boat and if that makes you feel uncomfortable for awhile, good! I'm enjoying being uncomfortable, without my air radar, without my position keeper, with my disorienting attack screen. I helped lots of SH3 players get their sea legs in a Fleet Boat, so I know the magnitude of the task I set myself. I enjoy that.

I might always be primarily a Fleet Boater. I don't know. But I won't stay out of U-Boats because of some hatred of SH4 becoming another U-Boat sim, because that's not happening. My plan is to have as much fun in both as I can, with the best sub simulator in the world.
Hi there RR.

Thanks for the show of support. I have to confess I am so used to U-Boats and to the SH3 interface everything else is alien to me. Then again... once upon a time... I had to learn to play SH3 too... I'm thankful I had a good teacher and just the right amount of prodding to get me in the right direction. lol

I actually don't mind the fleet boat at all. True I would rather be in a stinky U-Boat (with a pink wipe your feet rug at the bottom of the hatch of course) but I don't mind a fleet boat these days. SH4 is such a system hog and well... it looks great and all the rest. I keep saying this and I am deadly fecking serious... if ever a super mod like GWX comes out on SH4 that does to SH4 what GWX did to SH3 I will so be there.

And I am not talking about porting SH3 to SH4 that's just a matter of time... I'm talking about an actual supermod for SH4 and the fleetboats. That is what I am talking about. I would dearly love to see that.

Once GWX 2.1 is completed and we can all lay down our arms for a bit I may well experiment with sailing the fleet boats again. Though can see myself going for the odd foray in the IXD2 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
Well at least you're honest slupanter. Can't criticise you for that.

SH4 in my opinion, whether you play U-Boat or Fleetboat, takes a hell of a lot of getting used to. And despite many attempts on my part, SH4 just is not second nature to me.
Thank God for that. Woman in submarines i just cant accept it bad omens watch out gwx your days are probably numbered... just call me an old 1940s kapitan

Calm down kiwi its just a game...right?
Um... there is only one word I can think of in reply to that and its... What??? :hmm:

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!