Thread: I don't like it
View Single Post
Old 03-23-08, 05:36 PM   #77
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Default Well that is a good point to begin

I believe the U-Boat should be the U-Boat and the Fleet Boat it's own animal. Any cross-fertilization to make the former sailors of one feel more comfortable in the other is, to my way of thinking, abominable. If you're a U-Boat person, make like Penelope and try to understand the Fleet Boat on its own terms. There will be a protracted period of discomfort because......it's not a U-Boat.

People from Fleet Boats trying out the U-Boat, don't ask for the U-Boat to be made more Fleet Boat friendly. It's a U-Boat and if that makes you feel uncomfortable for awhile, good! I'm enjoying being uncomfortable, without my air radar, without my position keeper, with my disorienting attack screen. I helped lots of SH3 players get their sea legs in a Fleet Boat, so I know the magnitude of the task I set myself. I enjoy that.

I might always be primarily a Fleet Boater. I don't know. But I won't stay out of U-Boats because of some hatred of SH4 becoming another U-Boat sim, because that's not happening. My plan is to have as much fun in both as I can, with the best sub simulator in the world.