View Single Post
Old 03-17-08, 12:00 AM   #5
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcattwo
AvH, as these files affect Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis, both of which I think are affected by Real Weather Fix 2 (RWF), I am assuming I must install this before anything that modifies scene.dat that I intend to fix using RWF, and then modify with RWF using your new files - is that correct?
R/
TC2

Errrr . . . I'm not sure. As I'd said, I haven't tested this with any other non-GWX mod, so I've no idea what the result might be. The increased ASW mod doesn't effect scene.dat if that helps any. However, if the RWF mod replaces the Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis files instead of selectibly modifying them, then there will be a problem.

The only change the increased ASW mod makes in the Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis files are replacing the ordnance loadouts in some of the aircraft to ASW loadouts. If another mod overwrites the Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis files then those changes will, of course, be lost. That should have only a minor impact to the increased ASW mod; all the ASW loadouts do is give the aircraft (that seemed to me, anyway ) assigned to ASW patrols a mixed ordnance of bombs and air depth charges. The loadouts assigned them from the stock GWX files were straight air depth charges.

If I had to pick an answer I'd say installing the increased ASW mod should be done first and then fix what you wish to fix with RWF. Let me know how it works if you try it, please.