View Single Post
Old 03-11-08, 06:12 PM   #8
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
That the Brits were the great ASW force in the first half of the war. It wasn't until the US jeep carrier hunter-killer groups came around that we Americans could claim any better abilities. To make 1943 American destroyers have the same characteristics as the British ones in the Atlantik would be wrong.

Depth sounder is controllable manually in SH4. Charting tools are all there too.

Hey, you don't belong anywhere near Midway. If you don't stick to finishing your objectives you'll get a little SH4 surprise. We don't have a free-form do whatever you want world here. If you don't complete your objectives you can sink your 100,000 tons and be removed from command! THAT's a welcome change.

I still think SH3 and SH4 are fatally flawed in simulating a U-Boat war that was so dependent on wolfpacks when you are the only U-Boat in the ocean. In that regard, SH4 on the American side is far superior, as American boats acted singly, even in "wolfpacks."

Can't wait for the GWXers to attack SH4UBM! If we can keep them and Ducimus in their respective spheres of operation we'll all be in heaven. I don't think that will be a problem.
Wow, quite a hostile entry. I thought subsim was not as ignorant and nationalistic based as the UBI forums? Figured ppl here were a more mature bunch and might like to have more variety in the game and see a big part of the community becoming as happy as the Pacifictionados? Was a bit wrong maybe.

The U-Boat war was not as dependant on wolfpack tactics as you may think. wolfpacks were only one part of many aspects of the u boat war. It's a great shame it has not been implemented, and played it's part for a time.

But it's not an urgent requirement for a successful and mostly realistic u-boat campaign.