View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 05:39 AM   #22
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCavitation
Two weeks ago, when I rejoined here, I tried to figure out what the heck RSRD meant, which is a common phrase with yall. Then ROW. And a whole bunch of other acronyms that may or may not work with the addon. Then I tried to figure out why everyone had Leo's sig (God bless his soul) in their sig. It took some time. And, really, what I was doing was trying to play catch-up in ... jeez... days? When I only had hours? And I still dont know as much as I probably should.
Same for me - and the reason why I started this thread, because I was afraid this only could get worse.
I bought SH4 maybe 2 weeks before the addon came out, and still I'm spending more time on these forums than ingame.

It's already hard to keep up with existing mods - while they're constantly being updated - and on top of that come new mods for 2 game versions!
It's a constant stream of changes.

Example: how to find the green lamp mod, for this addon?
If you don't know it exists, you'll never have it, unless some poor soul bumps it up from oblivion.
Another one...the metric nomograph for 1.5...just got released, but the topic is already on page3.
Sure, with patience, everything can be searched for and found.
But I want to play the game, in the precious hours that I have.

Hell, in the SH3 section, some Überboat got a sticky at one moment...

Last edited by Paajtor; 03-07-08 at 05:51 AM.
Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote