View Single Post
Old 02-27-08, 07:00 AM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Tomb
I'm still getting used to aiming deflection shots, but I usually have my guns calibrated for 300m. As that was the standard for RAF fighters during the war. Tell you what the He-111's are made like a brick **** house, they just keep going. I emptied my entire 15 seconds worth of ammo in my cane just now into the back of one and it just kept going. Granted it had fuel leaks and had lost an elevator, but the bloody thing just kept ploding along. In gun camera films I've seen a few hits to the engine and wing and they just fall out of the sky. Are the .303's "underpowered" in Il-2?
Bombers can take heaps of bullets before going down. Even more if they are trimmed for level flight (just yesterday we witnessed a Hawk fly straight & level for ages without a pilot). The .303 is abit of a peashooter, really depends of the plane you are attacking. But like I already said, bombers are tough and Heinkell is VERY tough and easy to keep airborne, for example, you dont need the other engine, you can fly it with just one, barely, but you can.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote