View Single Post
Old 02-06-08, 08:20 AM   #3195
moscowexile
Navy Dude

Downloads: 206
Uploads: 0
Default Help!

I've been driven to distraction for over a week now with a problem that baffles me: I finished and saved a first mission and the following day sailed out from Wilhelmshaven on my 2nd and all was working fine. I thought I'd solved all the problems that I had experienced in the past few months by updating my Pentium IV computer so that it has now the following specifications:

Physical memory - 1.535 Gb

Video driver - ATI Radeon HD 2600 series, 512 Mb

The computer graphics ran like a dream on SHIII, SHIV and other computer memory demanding games, but then...

Outward bound for the Shetlands a took a look at the chart: The grid reference numbers were illegible, broken up; my sub position appeared like some cross-hatching doodle of black lines, as did all the ports and cities.

This is not a fault with the modded SHIII, I'm sure: I've deleted and reloaded the modded game until I've gone crazy; I've scoured the registry for trash but to no avail; I loaded the stock SHIII (bought in the UK last August) and the same thing happens.

So really, this query is out of the domain of this thread and forum: it's a PC problem.

But has anybody any advice?

Viele Grüße aus Moskau!
moscowexile is offline   Reply With Quote