View Single Post
Old 01-29-08, 03:35 PM   #13
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Welcome to Falconeering!

I hope I can set aside some time to get back to it one day, but you're in for one wild ride. Just take your time to learn it and don't rush. Put it this way - it took me six months to really learn that game. I thoroughly enjoyed that learning experience and the game is still usually installed on my HD.

Just go through, train yourself, practice lots of instant dogfights, make sure you know your weapons from A to Z! Don't jump into the campaign right away - you will be LOST. Try to learn the sensors as well as you can so you and get off the labels (if you're using them) as quickly as you can. Falcon is at its most satisfying when it's a game of SA (situational awareness) first and foremost, one that you can really win with practice.

So do you only have the patch or...? If not, well, go get yourself modded and fast! Post-SuperPak, the game is probably more different (and better) from un-modded than GWX2.0 is from stock SHIII. I'm not up with the latest RedViper and OpenFalcon developments (two teams that are still modding F4), but the older SuperPak is still a good bet. The last version is SP4.2 which I believe you can get as SP4.2 OCI (One Click installer), but I really hope someone pitches in on those new developments first since I think they're even further ahead.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote