View Single Post
Old 01-25-08, 11:22 PM   #1
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default Question about Falcon 4.0 if anyone plays that

Question for any of you Falcon 4.0 players out there.

I recently dug out and installed an original copy of Falcon 4.0 on my windows XP system. I set the program to run in Windows 98 compatability. It runs fine and wonderful until I end a mission. It crashes to desktop and has me send the little error message to Microsoft through that little clicky box.
I'm assuming that it may be a bug that can be fixed by patching it up to the latest version that it was while still supported.

My version is 1.0.0.2

I found the official patch for it to bring it up to version 1.08. It's an executable file.

I try running the patch but it doesn't seem to want to run even when I have it set to run in Windows 98 compatability. I also tried copying the file directly to my Falcon folder and ran it in there with no luck.

Could I just have a corrupt patch ? Can anyone familiar with this direct me to a patch that works or help me figure the problem out ?

(I never thought it was possible for a manual to be larger than the Dangerous Waters manual. I was wrong ! Hehehe !! At least in Dangerous Waters, usually you have the ability to look away from the screen to glance at the manual. In Falcon, when I take my eyes off the screen for a seccond, I plow into the ground at supersonic speed !)

Last edited by Blacklight; 01-26-08 at 12:01 AM.
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote