View Single Post
Old 01-16-08, 11:36 AM   #68
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
I definitely need to drop a word of thanks for this mod/these mods.
Thank you.

Quote:
With the addition of these, do I really need the Washington station, or should I just renumber it's frequency to get it out of the way since it seems useless to me now? I have to renumber it anyhow, since the recommendation in the readme is to space channels out by 10 and it's between two of your added stations.
You can delete it. There are some text messages that are tied to the events in Washington, and these show up on the clipboard even if you're not listening to that station. So if you delete it, you lose those. I've kept mine for just this reason, though I don't play the station anymore. Of course you can also just delete the one music track in it, then add your own music files.

As for the channel number, that's my bad. Before I created my stations, I was using another radio mod which changed Washington's channel number, and forgot stock SH4 uses 22.

Quote:
Some of the events seem to trigger off on stations on the 6th, 7th, and 8th of December. The two careers I've started out of Pearl have sent me forth on the 9th. That would mean I'd really never get to hear those events on the radio since those dates/times have already passed, correct?
I've been waiting for someone to ask this!

1: One of the single war patrol missions lets you start before December 7th.

2: Some mods change the career start date to before the 7th too.

3: You can very easily change the career start date yourself. Open Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCData\UPCCampaignData; then open CareerStart.upc with Notepad. Change this line:

StartTimeInterval=1941-12-08, 1942-02-01

To this:

StartTimeInterval=1941-12-01, 1942-02-01

Save, and then when you select December, 1941 in a career you'll begin a few days before the Pearl Harbor attack.

Quote:
Edit: Also, some of the stations seem to have just events and no music, I'm assuming for all of those if I want music played on them when events aren't happening I just need to add the music myself, and the station will interupt whatever is playing with the event and then go back to music afterwards?
Yes. Music needs to go in the station folder, or for those of mine subdivided by year, in the year sub-folders. Don't put music in the Events folder as it will not play from there.

If you have anymore questions, let me know.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote