View Single Post
Old 11-16-07, 05:30 AM   #28
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Earlier Bradleys had red screens for their thermal sights, and later they turned to green. I strongly assume it is thermal images the video shows - but I will not bet my life on it. the Bradley is equipped with thermals, if it may also have night vision devices, or only special units, or has been refitted with NV meanwhile, I do not not. But to 90% I think the answer is no.
Looks somewhat odd that bradley thermal imager. I am wondering whether they use the same for it like for the M1's

Quote:
(the swedish 2A6/Strv 122 changed it slightly again, due to additional armour layers at the turret, and on the roof).
What, even more armour ? But maybe they would have more close engagements in their terrain.

Quote:
SBP paints it in that way that if you switch between thermal and peri, both can remain very different viwing directions, which would make them two different devices on the turret roof,
That would be a game flaw then.

Quote:
In modern Leo-2s, there is also an equivalent to the american IVIS system, but I do not know if it was implemented with the A5 or A6. I posted a video on it some longer time ago, where it was to be seen in some short scenes, it were finnish Leo2A5, if I remember correctly. Very sophisticated. SBP-PE does not simulate either american or German IVIS currently. If it is planned for, I do not know.
But the way the map is updated in realtime with contacts seen by any unit, kinda gives it IVIS capeability.

Quote:
Of no other type than the A4 more Leopard-2 were produced or had been upgraded to, as far as I know. That includes both the new produced A4s, and earlier versions that were upgraded to the A4.
Ok, if you include the upgraded once then yers.

Here is some more thermal imager footage from an Apache in Iraq. Iraq is fairly hot Iguess, in several ways:

It appears it circles around from approx 900 meters. The view is pretty good imo, just the video quality sucks.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote