View Single Post
Old 11-15-07, 03:25 PM   #2
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0

One thing I also want to do with this scenario is that I want to avoid the classic small scale sub versus sub player is the center of the universe type of thing. I want it to be a big ocean out there and the player is one small part of large forces which slowly but without pause plodding towards each other and a brutal exchange. In some sense, this scenario could easily be handled with Harpoon except that I want to be driving a single sub!!! However, this will be my first attempt pursuing my own personal flavor of scenario design:

(1) Scenarios should be highly dynamic such that even I, the author, can get full value out of playing them.

(2) The scenarios should paint a large production upon a big stage. The player finds himself/herself cast upon this stage with the opportunity to do something significant, but not at the center of universe. For those who have played the Take Command ACW series, it is this feeling which I am trying to capture.

---

By the way, I know that this is very ambitious for a guy with my humble qualifications. However, I see much unrealized potential in the SC/DW scenarios. Their scope is often well below what could be done by the Editor. I want to take the Editor and the Engine to the limit and see what I can create.