Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Slavik
this may help all those who have Vista for more than just SH3 installing
the UAC is a pain in the ass
messes with tons of stuff (like logitech mouse software as well)
to disable UAC
go to start and in the search type "msconfig"
and open the program
then go to the "tools" tab
scroll down to "disable UAC"
youll have to restart for it to take effect, it wont turn on unless you re-enable it
happy hunting folks, lemme know if this works for you
I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit, with UAC still enabled.

SHIII, the 1.4b patch (with starforce patch), GWX 1.03/SH Commander all installed and working just fine.

The simple thing to do (and it's posted all over the this site) is simply install all your games/programs outside of the default "program files" directory. Everything I've installed is in my user space, in folders like "games" (or named whatever you want). Doing so will completely negate the UAC as it only applies itself to installs into "program files".

I put SHIV in my user space as well, so that JSGME would work as it should (which it does, since UAC has been effectively bypassed).

P.S. sure, this merely points out the absurditity of the whole UAC implentation by MS, but it leaves it intact for MS OS/software updates, patches and hotfixes, but doesn't get in the way of using your older programs (some, anyway, e.g. - Jane's USAF will not run useably under Vista, although Janes WWII fighters is fine).

--
Acer - AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+
2GB DDR2 RAM, 400 GB SATA HDD
PNY GeForce 8500GT 512MB
SamSung 216BW wide screen
Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Agree...l have been running SHIII and SHIV plus World in Conflict (a huge resource hog - but beautiful), on Vista without any difficulties. I run at the highest resoutions with all the neat mods. The biggest thing I can see with ppl having issues is drivers not being kept updated. My GT8600 has had 3 releases in the past month alone.

I'm running Vista Home
AMD 64 dual core 4800
GT8600
4 Gig ram
Viewsonic 20" widescreen at 1680 x 1050
Cap'n Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote