View Single Post
Old 10-28-07, 12:43 PM   #178
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I just joined the SubSim world (with SH4) a couple of weeks ago....and just today strumbled across this Aviator forum.

My involvement has been with the IL2 flight sim series for the past 6 years or more, and especially with IL2 FlightSim-based movies. In this relatively lengthy thread, I've seen some interesting youtube hosted videos, but only one of the truly great "IL2" movies has been mentioned/linked.

The Flight Sim Machinima website was established precisely for the purpose of providing links to stream or download the Best-of-the-Best movies ever produced from the IL2-FB-PF-1946 series, from 2002 through 2007.

At FSM you will find more than 60 movies catalogued by year of production and type, each with a synopsis and a link to download and/or stream the movie. All such movie downloads or streaming versions are in high resolution format, usually *.AVI files (DivX or XVid compression codecs). Youtube and Google on-line videos in the converted Flash format greatly sacrifice visual quality for convenience.

Be advised that some of the newer the movies at FSM are of extended duration, 20 to 30 minutes. "Faith, Hope, and Charity", for that matter, is a full one-hour long drama.....so bring popcorn and/or a couple of beers.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote