Thread: FS Traffic
View Single Post
Old 09-01-07, 05:37 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Yep, I do not expect to run into a stream of airships when skimming in some god-forsaken valley in the Alpes, but EDDF or EDDH or EDDM, for example certainly should see a bit more company from the air than they have right now. I saw a video of traffic 2005 ( at the bottom: http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=68 ), which seems to deliover what I am seeking for. The only question is if my frames can afford it. My system handled my old FS-2002 installation without problems, with plenty of airport sceneries, and now on FS 2004 it deals quite well as long as i do not use VC. Unfortunately, I use VC almost exclusively now, and so frames have become critical again. when taxiing I can live with that, but on approach and during landing at least, I prefer them to be at least "roughly fluid" (>15).

that's why I jumped onto 2004 when X came out last winter. My calculation was that if I would need a new PC cause the old one is brakling down, that rig would have frame troubles again with FSX when using complex airliner modules and complex sceneries - while any FS9 instakllation probably would run smooth as silk.

But you must get all addons now that you ever may wish for FS9, because slowly but surely they are runnin out. I bought all stuff second hadn in winter, saving lots of money, people were spending on FSX and wanted to get rid of their old addons. This situation has chnaged - what I had no problem to find second hand back then, now has become rare, and slowly but surely is deleted from producer's lists as well.

but some FSX addons featuzre the older 2004 versions as well. For exmaple the Helgoland scneery that I got (damn short runways, photorealistic, most beautiful scenery, but very small, of course: two islands, a frigate and an oil rig).