View Single Post
Old 08-29-07, 12:19 PM   #23
Navelintel
Mate

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615
I have created several radio mods for Silent Hunter 4, as well as seperate music files, divided by year. All except the music files are JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler compatible. The files in the mods are of a higher bitrate than some other mods, so they are quite large as a consequence. In fact, you may not wish to use JSGME with a couple of them because of this.

Radio stations do not include music, only the appropriate news and entertainment programs. Except for the KGMB station, all are subdivided by year for the music files. While you can control programs in the "Events" folder with events.ini, you can't control the music. And hearing a song about Iwo Jima in 1942 is just ...wrong. :-) I have only included comedy and variety programs with the stations. Adding dramas would not only make them even bigger, but programs like that would likely get tedious to listen to after awhile. The radio station parts can be found in individual folders on the site.

All except the music files include readmes. These contain installation instructions, more information, and the channel info you'll need to copy and paste into the "radio.ini" in order to hear the radio stations.

Here is what I have available:

1940 (184 songs), 1941 (219 songs), 1942 (145 songs), 1943 (75 songs), 1944 (129 songs), and 1945 (123 songs) music files. Can be used with any radio station, or the Gramophone.

NBC radio station. You must download all 16 files in order to extract properly. A little under 4.5GBs total.

This will add the real life NBC radio station KPO in San Francisco. It includes NBC news broadcasts, some speeches, the Abbott and Costello, Amos and Andy, Bob Hope, Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy, Fibber McGee and Molly, The Great Gildersleeve, Jack Benny, Red Skelton, and Spike Jones entertainment programs.

Armed Forces Radio Service stations. You must download all 19 files in order to extract properly. A little under 5GBs total.

This is a set of 4 radio stations. These stations (Honolulu, Midway, Guam [from September 1944], and Wollongong, Australia) play programs produced by the Armed Forces Radio Service. Programs included are Command Performance, G.I. Jive, G.I. Journal, and Mail Call. It does not include any news.

KGMB Honolulu radio station. You must download all 3 files in order to extract properly. A little under 800MBs total.

This is the real life CBS radio station KGMB in Honolulu. This station plays news produced by the CBS network, as well as some speeches. This station is famous as the one both the Japanese and the American B-17 bombers used to home in on Honolulu on the morning of December 7th, 1941. It does not include any entertainment programs.

CBS radio station. You must download all 6 files in order to extract properly. Around 1.5GBs total.

This will add the real life CBS radio station KNX in Los Angeles. It includes CBS news broadcasts, some speeches, and the Burns and Allen and Fred Allen entertainment programs.

The files can be downloaded from here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/fred8615/

Enjoy!
Hi,

I'd llike to download your radio mods but I have no idea how to do so. I tried to download and open (extract) AFRS and enable with JSGME but no luck. I'm not sure if I opened the zip file correctly since I could not find the 19 files that you mentioned either. As a newbie to this site and SH4 , if you could you walk me through the process I'd appreciate it. Please help!

Navelintel is offline   Reply With Quote