danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhari
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Is your copy of SH3 1.4b COMPLETLEY unmodded & clean of all other content?
Yep - fresh out of the box.

However, the ReadMe says its v1.4 not 1.4b.

That said the list of updates exactly matches that of the v1.4b patch I downloaded.

This is frustrating..... I want to sink something!
I can understand your frustration but we will work through this.

I've found the following:

Quote:
Test 5 is a validation check of your selected install. If it is the only failed test, then it means that you have an installation of SH3 v1.4b which has been modified in such as way that may create problems or conflicts were GWX installed over the top of it.
I know this is a PITA but first, check that it reads 1.4b in the bottom corner of the Main SH3 Menu, if it does then your current install has changed somehow. Possible leftover files from a previous install. (SH3 Quirk I'm affraid).

Follow these instructions:

1. Uninstall SH3 via Windows' "Add/Remove programs"
2. Open Windows Explorer and:
- *delete* the folder where you had installed SH3
- *delete* the \My Documents\SH3 folder
3. Reinstall SH3
4. If your SH3 did not come with patch v1.4b already included, install patch v1.4b. Ensure you install the patch that corresponds to your copy of SH3 (Download/DVD/EMEA/US)
5. OPTIONAL: Copy and paste this "clean" install as a backup to avoid the need to follow steps 1-3 if your game becomes corrupt in future
6. Download into the SAME folder GWX.exe and the five .bin files. While there grab the v1.03 patch
7. Run GWX.exe and follow the installation prompts
8. Run GWX103.exe and follow the installation prompts
9. SH3 COMMANDER USERS: Download the GWX 1.02+ Cfg files for SH3 Commander and unzip the contents DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder.

Obviously, you have downloaded GWX and you may or may not be using SH3 Cmdr.

Pay close attention to the removal/deletion of certain folders.

Good luck & come back if this still does not work, Hell, come back anyway, there's a war on don't you know!