View Single Post
Old 06-01-07, 04:34 PM   #1
Snacko
Engineer

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Default How do I Spawn a ship?

I have a mission, and when the sub reaches the harbor, I want a Light Cruiser to be coming out of the harbor and patrol...

I have added the Kuma Light Cruiser to the mission, near a dock, but not docked. I set it to 1knot at the first waypoint. I added 5 other waypoints. 2 & 3 increase the speed to 5knots, then it goes to 4 & 5 and loops back to 3.

Map Zone:
I also added a Map Zone called 'Harbor Trigger' and put it just outside the harbor.

Trigger:
I added Trigger called 'Enter Harbor', and made it a type 'Reach Zone', and set it to the zone above 'Harbor Trigger'.

Event:
I then added an Event called 'Enter Harbor - Start Cruiser' and set it to Event Type 'Update Instance'. Added the Trigger 'Enter Harbor' I created above. I set the Instance Name to the Kuma Cruiser I added to the map. And checked the Instance Command's Spawn checkbox.

When I tested the mission, I had my sub just outside, but ready to enter the Map Zone. And I used the External Camera (F11) to watch the place I put the Cruiser, but it never appeared.

What am I doing wrong. It's complicated, but I'm sure I'm probably doing several things wrong.

Also, was does 'Is Savable' mean in the Object Properties??

Thanks for any help!

Snacko
aka WBK