View Single Post
Old 05-09-07, 04:19 PM   #103
DirtyHarry3033
Weps

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks to Captain Krunch and Hitman for this great Is-Was Have spent a very enjoyable afternoon building it, now comes the fun part - learning how to use it!

I went all-out on making it, using 110 lb card stock and inkjet transparencies, then took it all to Office Depot to have them laminated in the heavy stuff. Jeez, I spent more on this than SH4 cost to start with I must be sick, is there a 12-step program to get off subsimming?!?!?!

(Course I also did Kim Ronhof's fine tools too so that increased the laminating costs...)

Now, there are only 2 things I don't like about Hitman's side of the Is-Was (note that no criticism is implied here, I appreciate his work and there's no way I could have done it myself!):
  1. For some reason, the outermost circle on the inner and middle wheel did not print for the most part. This made it very difficult for me to cut it out accurately since there was no clear line to follow - 43 years ago in kindergarten, I consistently failed the work where you had to cut the construction paper along the lines :rotfl::rotfl:Also it wasn't a printer problem as the lines don't show up clearly on screen either.
  2. As a couple others have said, it don't print the same size as Captain Krunch's front side.
I fixed both of those problems, I loaded the inner and middle wheel into Paint Shop Pro 9 and made a new outermost circle for them. They print great now, much easier to cut out!

I also found that (on my hardware anyway...) by printing in PSP9 and scaling all Hitman's wheels up to 106%, it is a near-perfect fit for Captain Krunch's wheel.

If anyone is interested and if Hitman would give his OK, I'd be glad to provide him with the modified inner and middle wheels to include in his package. The only thing I changed is to make a clear outer circle on them so they're easier to cut out accurately.

How about it Hitman, wanna take a look at them? If you do, PM me and I'll be glad to send you both the PSP and .bmp files

DH
DirtyHarry3033 is offline   Reply With Quote