View Single Post
Old 04-27-07, 01:13 PM   #7
A-cool-a
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

No, but I'll try that later.

I've got a few more questions about SC itself, but I'll save all but one of those for later; the one I'm asking now is the one from my first post;

Is it possible to use the Strela portable SAM system in the Akulas? In a custom mission that I made, I noticed that an ally's Seahawk attacked an enemy Akula II, and right after it dropped a MK50 torpedo in the water, the Akula surfaced and launched an SA-N-5 Grail SAM, and shot down the Seahawk, a rare and spectacular moment as one could imagine. This was before I even attempted modifying the game itself. I have a screenshot of the Grail right after it was launched if anyone wants to see it (I was showing Truth to see what was happening, as I wanted to see everything unfold the way I wanted when I made the mission, but didn't quite expect the Akula to shoot down one of the choppers). Of course, a few seconds after that the MK50 acquired and blew the Akula back to the bottom.

EDIT: OK, I reinstalled SC, repatched to 1.08, reinstalled with the easy installer, and it still crashes when attempting to render any sub other than my own; if I'm not a US sub, that is (if I start as a US sub, then it crashes immediately). :\

Second edit: I'm also noticing now that when the game tries to render the Shipwreck SSM, it crashes (others, like the SSN-12 Sandbox and SSN-27, render without issues). -_-' I'm about sick of these problems and not knowing what's causing them.

Last edited by A-cool-a; 04-27-07 at 04:04 PM.
A-cool-a is offline   Reply With Quote