View Single Post
Old 04-18-07, 06:08 AM   #812
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
Yeah, I didn't want to point out that I actually found a 2005 internet source that spoke indirectly about APR-3M's mounted on ASW rockets...

Also, I believe that there may have been one or two 65-76 accidently left aboard some russian subs, just in case... :p
Nobody insists that APR-3M couldn't be mounted on some Russian ASROC but noting is known about these torpedoes actually mounted on it! I also have informations that APR-3 was contemplated as a loadout of SS-N-27 ASW but MTP-1UE was chosen due to its lower weight.

Yes, Lufty! I also noticed you are a man of big faith. After all this is a framework of "reality" in your mod! :rotfl:

My bad news for you is simple: Unfortunately there is no qualitative weapon balance between US Navy and Russian Navy now simply because many post-Soviet weapon systems were apparently withdrawn from duty (65-76, Starfish, Stallion) and nothing new was introduced as a replacement (UGST for example). So at present Russian subs use probably only USET-80 torpedoes as their primary weapon partially backed by older designs (TEST-71, SET-65, 53-65K) until reliable. No new SUBROC in known to be delivered to Russian Navy. On the other hand Chinese and Indian Navies use some brand-new Russian naval weapons, like "Club" and "Onyx/Brahmos" missiles family, not seen by Russian sailors at all! That is a real huge mess in this area, buddy!

Last edited by Gorshkov; 04-18-07 at 06:50 AM.
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote