View Single Post
Old 04-10-07, 12:13 PM   #82
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Looks like Scire answered this one. I know this mod works with the torpedo fire repeat because it uses different sound files. My engine orders only replaces sound files related to engine speeds. So it will overwrite any file speaking engine orders in german. (fast, slow, stop, etc) Always use JSGME to see if it conflicts with another mod you have installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNemo12
Is this mod compatible with Dowly's Repeated Orders Mod?
I'm not sure why they removed the video. I assume it was copyrighted documentary. I have seen several versions of it on youtube. Its a shame they have to copyright and protect history from being seen by the public.I will try to find another link to post so you can compare sounds to this mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook
Sounds too much like a cash register for me.

But I wonder why the linked video has been removed, what was shown in it?
The sound is same one posted on youtube video. There are only two Uboat videos that I have found with clear unedited telegraph sounds from a VII. The mod I created here is based on what was heard in those films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun Cook
Sounds too much like a cash register for me.

But I wonder why the linked video has been removed, what was shown in it?
I thought about this. But, in order for it to sound right for my taste I would want to make the voice sound like its coming from within a tube. I didn't want to edit all the sounds because it was enough work mixing just the bells. What I should have done is just make one voice rather than edit all the voices and copy the one voice to all voice folders to simplify the work load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scire
Awesome mod Tikigod!

But in the real all the order by the Kaptain must be confirmed with the crewman repetition so i've mixed your mod with the ones by Dowly.
Now after the bell sound you can hear the repeated order confirmation..... and believe me is stunning!
You don't need my authorization. I'd like to see what you have done with it. Sounds pretty neat. Just post links to your files below and I will attach them as alternates to top post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scire
I've made it only to adapt two greats mods to my personal taste and to reach a level of "reality" wich i think its the best.
By the way the former core of the mods i've used is entirely made by Tikigod and Dowly so ,i could not never publish my job without they authorization with regard to theyr former works.
If Tikigod is agree i will send him the files and he could make an update to his download link.

Last edited by Tikigod; 04-10-07 at 12:35 PM.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote