View Single Post
Old 03-21-07, 01:49 AM   #44
Schlageter-JG26
Helmsman

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Deck guns accuracy is wacked. Manning it personally to fire, I cannot fire it when using 1st or 2nd level zoom settings. Let's say a target is 1500m away. In SH3 you'd set your range to 500 and be hitting it just below the waterline or so. In THIS game, you set it to 500 and it really fires out to +8000! Switch your sub's position or aim over the other side and now your aim is funky and you have to aim "up" to 5000m just to have the round impact practically next to your sub. Ridiculous! I found that aiming DID work ok when I did NOT use the zoom views, but that makes it pretty much useless and a serious PITA as far as I'm concerned.

Experienced a few others with the sound, crew, no damage meter, and had one glitch where the crew would NOT reload the fore tubes. I had fired all my torps and had 3 left in supply, but no matter how I rotated crew or played with the auto vs manual torp load settings they would not load them. Then when I radio'd base with an update it said I have 7 torps left when, in fact, I only had the 3. What a PAIN! I was in Japanese home waters just leaving a port where I sank two tankers and turned tail..... and I now have no torps to defend myself with?

One more.... granted, this was my first patrol and I set it to Easy but.... I went after a convoy and sank one DD. The others turned my way for a while but bugged out once I went to silent mode while submerged. They literally left the convoy and went miles away out of view. I surfaced and opened up with the deck gun on everyone..... coincidentally, the rest of the convoy split into three general groups.... and they all stopped so I could shoot them easier. Nice guys!