Thread: IL2 1946 Boring
View Single Post
Old 12-19-06, 02:25 PM   #13
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Um, he just listed a whole bunch of stuff from that DVD that is NOT made up

Mind you, 1946 is just one of the 3 add-ons that are being released in a package - and even it has a whole bunch of historically-useful things. I know quite a few people mentioned that they plan to buy it not for the 'fantasy planes', but new objects and maps.

I think of it as a 'toybox' of sorts. You're free to avoid the stuff you don't like, but don't say it's entirely useless!

Besides - you know as well as we do that it's the last (official) breath of the IL-2 series - I don't think one departure into the 'fantasy' territory is completely bad. From now on it's Storm of War, starting with BoB!

But let's face it, of course they wouldn't be 'milking' IL-2 this much if they weren't trying to pick up cash to finance their next project (Storm of War). The IL-2 series could have easily stopped at Forgotten Battles - I wouldn't regard any subsequent developments (including Pacific Fighters) as either complete or entirely neccesary. Yea, they were cash cows. But fun cash cows that I didn't mind playing around with. If you don't, your loss. Soon as I find this baby, I'm off to play at my 4.07 servers :p

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote