View Single Post
Old 09-13-06, 09:09 PM   #13
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Well I opened minitweaker and I was as lost as ever...If I want to try this, I have to actually create a tweak file using the GW sh3.sdl or other files right? You (Redwine) said you have to copy the values into the GW file, but it is a .sdl file and I don't think I can open it in notepad and do this the easy way. Unfortunately I read the tutorial on how to write tweak files and I just don't know what the hell he is talking about...I tried editing the stock sh3.sdl via minitweaker using the supplied template but abandoned because I really didn't know what i was editing...if someone could tell me what to look for specifically then....

Also, I did try replacing the sensors.dat in data/library in GW with the sensors.dat from NYGM as suggested above, but it did not change anything...still 10x zoom on the peri.

Redwine: I did see those sound files for the ship sounds in data/sound, but I think they are just the ambient noise which surrounds the propellor beats, which must be embedded somewhere since they have to change depending on ship speed(i.e. there should be several for each ship type representing all possible speeds), so those are the sounds I am trying to find, and figure out how to get them to work in GW.

Is there anyone perhaps from the NYGM/GW team who could answer these questions as to where these propellor sounds are and how to change the attack peri zoom to 6x?

Edit: Actually I just realized that if this is too nitty gritty, then would it be easier to add the GW harbor graphics and sounds to NYGM (yes I already have the rubini HT addon installed in NYGM, it does not compare to the GW Harbors...) I could manually add ships and stuff in the campaign.scr layer, but what about graphics.. I can probably figure out the sound files, but what about the graphics for the buildings, people, etc? Thanks!

Last edited by supposedtobeworking; 09-14-06 at 12:06 AM.
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote