View Single Post
Old 05-16-24, 05:05 PM   #8
Oubaas
Weps

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Maybe I'll keep an eye out for an old Volkswagen Beetle with the 1600cc Dual Port, do a ground up restoration on it, buy some spares, and keep it around just in case.

Which brings to mind the question, how will these bans affect availability of spares for old ICE powered vehicles? If manufacture of spare parts for them is banned, you'll need your own machine shop to keep them going.

I think when the towering geniuses who make up the rules see what it does to work force mobility, supply chains, and the electrical grid, they'll repent. Once the S & P 500 tanks, they'll see the light.

As for horses, I already have horses. I just came in from the barn. If we went to horses, I could look forward to years of hilarious entertainment as people whose ancestors last rode horses in colonial days tried to come to grips with riding a horse. The poor horses!

Modular reactors and steam engines, that's the ticket. Eventually we could make them self-driving with AI. Imagine thousands of AI-controlled vehicles on the road, each with a fission reactor onboard. What could go wrong?
Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote