View Single Post
Old 05-14-24, 02:55 PM   #5485
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Some -- interesting films being presented here

I am just watching some made-up stuff i read a few years ago by chinese author Liu Cixin. It is SciFi, and there have been two attempts to make a film of it; one in China and one in the US by Netflix.
I thought it impossible to bring this on the screen and make it available, and understandable, but both adaptions are worth it.

The chinese variant only enters YouTube in small episodes, and afaik it has not been finished and is meanwhile banned in China. Which is a pity because the chinese version seems to be even more radical and close to the book than the Netflix one.
No wonder though it has been banned in China, the chinese 'cultural revolution' under Mao is being described in all of its brutality and uselessness, and things have not really changed. Now it is just being done more indirectly and with better means of control, and supervision.
Different and in a way more civilised than in Russia, i'll give China that.

This is one of the chinese episodes, but when you want to get the whole story it may be better to watch the Netflix adaption, or better: read the book(s). Only the first book has been adapted by Netflix up to now.

Here is one of the Netflix variants, gigantomanic and not too philosophical, just a scarecrow

edit:

Lin Qi, who helped bring "3 Body Problem" to screens, died before the series aired.
He was poisoned in 2020 by Xu Yao, who headed up a subsidiary that oversaw adaptations of the book.
Now, more than three years later, Xu has been given the death sentence.

https://www.businessinsider.com/3-bo...mes%20reported.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 05-15-24 at 04:17 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote