Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 05-02-24, 12:25 PM   #1795
Abulia
Nub

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Icon14 French Orders & Australia missions

Hey, long time lurker and LOVE this mod! I stream it pretty often and it's like the best parts of SH3 with the stability of SH4! Runs fantastic!

I have 3 annoying problems in my Type II B-D career that come up frequently:

1. Orders and replies from HQ in French. I play in English and have never adjusted my language settings so this is a weird one. Some orders are correct, some come in French for no discernable reason.

2. Orders don't match patrol grid positions. Orders will tell you to patrol AM55 (for example) but on the plot map your designated position is about an entire grid section away. So the orders don't match what the game UI is telling you. I've learned to do whatever the UI tells me; the orders are just off and wrong.

3. Occasional spy missions to Perth/Freemantle (?) Australia. I'm playing the stock Atlantic game (no other campaigns loaded in JGSME) and it's kind of hilarious that HQ wants me to sail to Australia in my tiny Type II. I obviously can't complete these missions. Any ideas of a fix?

4. (Bonus) I can't add any additional petty officers to my boat, saying I've hit my limit, even if I dismiss a current petty officer on the boat. Anyone know how to get around this bug?

I'm running just the default mod and no other mods. Pretty much a vanilla install. Any tips to fix would be great!
Abulia is offline   Reply With Quote