View Single Post
Old 05-01-24, 03:35 PM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I've been wondering why "gimme your wang" is dressed like a tart on heat, is this what's attracting Skybird?,
No. Its not my style, too, but her comeotenbce commands utnmost respect. Probably no other pianist of the present is as influential as she is.

Ypoutube is full of solid but not outstanbding female poianists who dress like competitors at a Miss Bikini contest, yes. So I understand what you mean.

If you experience her in one of the longer documentaries and interviews avaialbe on her, you ma yunderstand that she simply is an extrenely extroiverted personality. Bigger is always better she once admitted were her motto. In evertyhing: brands, cars, concert pianos. Dont bore her with subtlety - if your iffer or gift has not the size and sensation of an exploding supernova you may simp,y get overlooked by her.

But in general I prefer Khatia Buniatishvili for her sensible style. Prtiov ately also very extroevertedk but unbelievably sensible at the key. She takes freedoms from partitions (slow speed, low volume) that go beyond what the partition allows. Some may say that is not "correct". I hear it often working wonders.

Anyway, pianists who have the full Rachmaninoff and Liszt in their Repertoire and master them both, can't be "bad" pianists.