View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 02:23 PM   #7682
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Strictest border package? It does not address the root cause nor does it say anything of controlling the flow of migrants at the border. Oh sure it says a lot about increasing government bureaucracy, electronic notification of hearings, voluntary deportation, making sure paperwork is in the immigrant's language, customs and border patrol hiring practices and strengthening ports of entry. But all of that seems pointless if migrants can just ignore it and go around. THAT is what I believe the GOP wants to fix and the bill does absolutely nothing to address that. I think many Americans (including democrats in sanctuary cities) believe a wall will help, but someone made a promise not too so they just ignore the elephant in the room.
I did say in my rant "according to the pundits", as in it's their opinion not mine. As for building a wall along the southern border how will that stop migrants from simply bypassing it using boats?