View Single Post
Old 04-14-24, 08:30 AM   #7681
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Neuerburg View Post
The problem at least in my opinion is that "The Government"TM has gone from actually governing to being a popularity contest and continually applying all the wrong solutions to fix the problems. Although while this is nothing new it has gotten A LOT WORSE in the past decade or so and both Biden and Trump are proof of it. A lot of decisions that where made while Trump was president and currently while Biden is president are being influenced by popular opinion.
Sometimes presidents need to make an unpopular decision for the good of the country and not just to say, "See I'm on YOUR side!". We used to have a government that despite of the disagreements from each party could find common ground and work together for the benefit of the nation (mostly) which has now devolved to a point of a finger pointing, demonizing, mudslinging, name called, book reading, stupid power point presentation amalgamation of nuclear fueled dumpster fire of a two ring circus. A case in point was the fact that the GOP has been continuously complaining about the Southern boarder and it needing to be fixed. Biden gave them a package that would have been the strictest boarder security laws on the books had it passed, at least according to the pundits. The GOP refused it not because they thought it was bad, indeed it gave the GOP everything it wanted and then some. But they refused it because it would "Be a win for the other side." End of political rant. FOR NOW.
Strictest border package? It does not address the root cause nor does it say anything of controlling the flow of migrants at the border. Oh sure it says a lot about increasing government bureaucracy, electronic notification of hearings, voluntary deportation, making sure paperwork is in the immigrant's language, customs and border patrol hiring practices and strengthening ports of entry. But all of that seems pointless if migrants can just ignore it and go around. THAT is what I believe the GOP wants to fix and the bill does absolutely nothing to address that. I think many Americans (including democrats in sanctuary cities) believe a wall will help, but someone made a promise not too so they just ignore the elephant in the room.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-14-24 at 10:19 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote