View Single Post
Old 04-11-24, 08:24 AM   #916
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Hamas leader shrugs off the news his three sons were killed by IDF

Quote:
Chilling video shows the moment top Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh hears for the first time that his t hree sons and 'several' grandchildren have been killed in an Israeli airstrike in Gaza. A deeply distressed voice can be heard delivering the news to the group's top political leader, sobbing as he says: 'Hazem, Mohammed and Amir have been killed, along with their children.' Haniyeh barely flinches as he hears the information, and remains composed as he nods and takes it in before slowly walking out of the room. 'God rest their souls,' he says, before he is asked by an aide: 'Shall we end the visit?'

The Hamas chief nonchalantly responds: 'No, why? Let's continue,' as he walks to the door, followed by his entourage and officials. The group were meeting wounded Palestinians at a hospital in Qatar, where Haniyeh lives in exile. Haniyeh's family members are said to have been killed in a fatal strike near the Shati refugee camp in Gaza City. Israel claims Mohammed and Hazem were two Hamas military operatives, while the third, Amir, was a cell commander. Haniyeh, 61, who has 13 sons and daughters according to Hamas sources, later confirmed the news to Al Jazeera, telling the broadcaster: 'I am grateful to God for the honor he has given me in the deaths of three of my children and a few of my grandchildren. My sons were awarded this honor. They remained with our Palestinian people in Gaza, did not leave and did not run,' he said, adding: 'The blood of my sons is not dearer than the blood of our people.'

The terror leader hit out at Israel , stating they are 'driven by the spirit of revenge' as he claimed around 60 members of his family have been killed since the start of the war. Hama later said that four of Haniyeh's grandchildren, named as Mona, Amal, Khaled and Razan, were among those killed in what they described as the 'treacherous and cowardly' strike. The Israeli military did not comment on the reports. A report today has suggested that Israeli forces carried out the air strike without consulting senior commanders or political leaders, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Quoting senior Israeli officials, Walla news agency said neither Netanyahu nor Defence Minister Yoav Gallant had been told in advance of the strike, which was coordinated by the Israeli military and the Shin Bet intelligence service. It said Amir, Mohammad and Hazem Haniyeh had been targeted as fighters and not because they were the sons of Hamas's political leader. No comment on the Walla report was immediately available from the prime minister's office or the military. The IDF claimed that the trio were 'en route to carry out terror activity in the area of central Gaza' when they were hit by the strike. Pictures purporting to show Hazem, Amir and Mohammed Haniyeh have been circulating on Palestinian media channels.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...&ei=18#image=7

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote