Thread: On Health
View Single Post
Old 01-30-24, 07:08 PM   #226
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Cholesterol from eggs may lead to higher cholesterole in the blood or not (studies are divided, maybe it dpeends on who pays for what study), BUT that does not automatically translate into raised cholesterol-calcium plaque in the arteries. But dropping cholesterol levels are associated with higher mortality rates - let that sink in! Cholesterol is a very very important ingredient for building neurons and the brain matter, the brain is much made of cholesterol. Cholesterol is a taxi agent that lets fat board the taxi, it gets driven either from the liver to the organs and cells, or from the organs back to the liver (HDL and LDL), and the more fat you eat, the more cholesterol you have, the more LDL and HDL ou have. Low cholesterol also is associated with degenerative disease like Alzheimer, dementia, maybe Parkinson.

You want a balanced HDL-LDL ratio, and low triglycerides - if that is the case both, then I simply do not care for LDL levels.

Note that LDL is not LDL. There is huge particle LDL, small particle LDL, oxydated LDL, in sequence of growing danger. Large particle LDL is probably not even a risk factor for anythign at all. The better LDL you get from animal-based fats and fatty acids, the more dangerous ones from plant-based fatty acids.

HDL/LDL is unlikely to cause deseases, but it can contribute to their forming out, if other causes trigger these deseases.

Plaque is formed by, for example, high blood pressure leading to micro ruptures of the blood vessels wall tissue. In these scratches, LDL then can accumulate (the smaller the LDL particle, the easier, thats why the small one is more dangeorus than the big one), and since it is kind of like a glue, it then collects calcium from the blood and this growing layer of calcium then causes plaque. Means: control your blood pressure, keep calcium in the blood low, and the cholesterol does not come negatively into play.
You control calcium by taking generous doses of K2, several times as much as the usually recommended 200 mcgr, I take 1600 per day, native tribes and populations in natural reserves are known to have intakes per day of 3000-4000 if they follow a canrivore diet. And they have healthy teeth, big jawbones, and fantastic bones - and usually no plaque, also cardiovascular problems are often pratrcially unknown, so is insuline resistence and cancer. Blood pressure can be lowered only by usually 7-15 points maximum by drugs, something that many people do not know. The rest of BP control must be done via weight loss, healthy eating, real food.

-----------

Yogurt and living bacteria, i have my doubts there, too, and I buy and eat it (buying it without sugar or sweetener) because I like it, not because I think its especially healthy regarding bacteria cultures. Yogurt is fermented milk, has little milk sugar, means the lactose in it gets constantly degraded by the bacteria in it, and it gives you nutrients like calcium. I only check that it is made from organic, grass-fed milk, like I check for butter, gee and cheese and cream as well: less antibiotics, growth hormones and a much better ratio between Omega 6 and omega 3. I drink no unfermented milk. The bacteria in yogurt must pass through the HCL acid bath in the stomach and theoretically should get killed there already, and if it ends up in the guts it should already be as dead as evertyhing else that gets moved into the guts. Also, the bacteria strains in yogurt may be present in the guts, too, but the immune cells nevertheless should recognise that those in the yoghurt - if they were still alive after the HCL bath - may be the same family, nevertheless stem from a different origin than those inside the body, and so the immune cells should go after them and kill them. If the bacteria are of value, then that is while the yogurt is still in the glass and they reduce the lactose in it all hours long.

However, note that the topic of bacteria and yogurt is still debated and that views vary wildy. I may be proven wrong in the future, that is possible. Right now, AFAIK neither side has a smoking gun argument pro or against yogurt bacteria survivng the HCL bath. Just do your own yogurt with organic milk or buy organic milk yogurt without sugar, sweetener and artifical aromes. If you think you cannot live without greeting your sweet tooth, sweeten it yourself with Aspartam, since Aspartam does not cause an insuline reaction - Most sweeteners do!
------------------------
Its much nonsense, like fibre ands guts health. Fibre is NOT healthy for the guts, but means additional stress, it leads over the years to an overworking guts, and diverticolitis and the likes. We do not have the secum needed to digest fibre, where our ancestors once had it we only have the appendix where our evolution cut it off and spit it out, so to speak - thats why we even can not digest plants fibre and plants, and so only certain plant-eating bacteria can make use of fibre for themselves. If we do not eat plants, we do not have these bacteria, and so do not need fibre. Fibre does not work like a cleaning brush in a pipe, as some sometimes try to tell people, that is total nonsense. The German word for fibre is Ballaststoffe - ballast stuff - and I tink that describes it best. Its ballast, waste, unneeded stuff, and it stresses your guts, forces it to work overtime day in day out to get rid of all the useless garbage you push into it . And then you wonder why you start to get problems with your digestion over the time of your life...?

Eggs and cholesterol:

Dont forget to have fun. The more fanatical your diet regime, the deeper your fall. You must find a balance that works best for you. However, when switching, a strict regime for a transition time is recommended, and probably also is a must. For me that was the first keto experience I had two years ago, and now again the 90 days carnivor challenge. I am still carnivore, but allow an occasional, mild "violation" of the rules. Just meat, salt and water for the rest of my life does not cut it for me. Switching to carnivore is easier if you already have keto experience.

Dont buy industrially processed stuff. Buy real food. Avoid these: plant seed oils (very, very very bad, all of them), obviously sugar, wheat-based products, glucose and fructose stuff: syrups, HFCS, soft drinks, fruits; diet drinks and smoothies, all kinds of light/lite products, margarines of all sorts, deep fried and fast food. Buy food articles that contain just one ingredient. If there is a sticker and a bar code and a long list of ingredients and E-code numbers - avoid it. Keep carbs on a very, very short line: we do not need carbohydrates, they are not essential, nor recommendable. They just promise great profits for the industry.

Life is not fair. What is great in taste, what we like, often is doing harm. What does not, may not be as interesting in taste. Life sucks.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-31-24 at 07:14 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote