Old 01-22-24, 11:13 PM   #117
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

2 June 1942
B-17s really grinding my gears

Coral Sea
B-17s made several night raids on Port Morseby, resulting in the loss of three Zeroes thanks to their gunners. They didn't do much damage on the ground.

CENTPAC
An enemy troop transport hit one of my mines laid off the southern tip of Hawaii's big island. It'll survive.

Burma
I used a long-range CAP to try to defend Lashio from enemy bombers. I got 6 Blenheims in that exchange. This was the combat debut of the Nick fighter-bomber, they appeared in equal numbers to Oscars but were credited with 4 of the 6 bomber kills.

We've captured Prome as our advance north towards Lashio continues.

SOPAC
The KB's raid against Sydney is scrubbed by bad weather. It picks off a minesweeper near Sydney instead, at least that's some pressure off my subs.

At Luganville, an enemy sub tried to attack a troop transport loading there but was routed by a destroyer.

China
My main force at Sian is on the move west towards Lanchow. They made a shock attack crossing a river today, which wiped out the 48th Chinese Corp on the other side, which I presume was the remnants of a Sian garrison force. We destroyed about 900 enemy squads while losing only 5.

We also had a rare negative outcome in a land battle in the central region near Hanyang, suffering 96 devices destroyed to 33 killed despite attacking an enemy force less than half our strength.