Old 12-29-23, 10:20 AM   #96
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

4 May 1942
Ceylon campaign ends in decisive Japanese victory

SOPAC
The enemy has started to fly some fighters at night to intercept my nightime Betty raids. This is a great result for me as it takes these fighters off the table for the main battles, any attrition to the Betties will be very low.

An LB-30/B-17 raid hit our troops, disabling a single squad. Jungle cover is nice.

Enemy units appear to be advancing fro Suva to my landing area at Nadi. The enemy also appears to have moved another 20 or so fighters into Suva. Surprising, since this looks like a battle I should be able to win.

Sound effects for a sinking sub played in the afternoon, so it looks like the KB's Kates are having some effect.

West Australian Coast
I-32 took a depth charge hit off Perth and will need to RTB for repairs.

Ceylon
The armored unit outside Trincomalee has surrendered, and we also overran the last enemy base of Koggala, forcing those troops to surrender too. That was the last of the enemy troops on Ceylon.

Very good campaign here for us. We lost a significant numbers of aircraft and good pilots with them, but the enemy suffered far more. We also took very few army losses. The only significant naval loss was the damaging of the Taiyo, and for that we got an enemy carrier and a battleship.

Enemy Losses
CV Formidable
BB Resolution
CL Enterprise
KV: 1
AS: 1
AM/AMc: 5
AK/xAK: 2
Hurricanes: 86
Martlet: 16
Torpedo bombers: 30
Hudson: 12
Blenheim: 80
Waipiti: 4
Audax: 3

Japanese Losses
CVE Taiyo damaged - will be unavailable for several months
DMS: 1
AK/xAK: 4
AP/xAP: 1
Oscar: 28
Zeroes: 20
Kates: 15
Betties: 23

Last edited by Molon Labe; 12-29-23 at 04:06 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote