View Single Post
Old 11-01-23, 07:03 PM   #1575
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Russia could have higher losses than Ukraine - and Ukraine's losses still beign more hurting Ukraine than Russin losses hurt Russia.

Since months it get posted how terrible a beating Russia gets, how triumphantly Ukraine wins battle for battle, and how everything works against Russia. If that would be true: why has the ofensiove bogged own, why has there been nbo operaitonbal breakthrough, why has ther ebeen no strategically relevant goain of land for Ukraine, why are Ukrainian tanks and armies not rolling at will through the prairie, why is Ukrainian critical and infrastructure and villages hit every night, wjy is the ring around Avidivkas slowly, slwoly closing, and why are the Russians still holding their linesx depsite their of so deicisve losses? Where are the Ukrainian reserves and brigades when their elosses have not eaten them up badly?

Not only Russia runs propaganda, Dargo. Ukraine does it, too.

I can only once again recommend the sober, realistic assessments by Austrian Colonel Reisner. Since the war began he has not changed his clam, sober, not emotionally spiking tone, and I think his assessments are spot on. I dont think that Zelensky's propaganda apparatus is happy with him. Even when the world and we and I become a bit more enthusiastic when Ukraine took Robotyne, he kept is understated assessmsents and remained sceptical. And he was - once again - proven right. No comparison to certain Australian and British and American militaries who time and again were wrong in their 3-6 months predictions.

The war is currently a war of attrition. And that is in Russia's vaour, it can endure that longer than Ukraine. Ukraine ahd to move forces form tis former southern offensive region to the East. Their offensive stalled, is done. And I have no clue where they want to get another twelve attack brigades prepared to try again next year. As I see it, the retaking of Crimea currently is more illusory than it was before this offensive. When earlier this year former Gneerla Hidges said he thinks its possible that they retake Crimea by the end of this year or so, my first thought was: "He's on dope."

Its a propaganda war fought from BOTH sides. Dont fall for it.