View Single Post
Old 10-26-23, 12:22 PM   #914
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

NEXT!

Quote:
Conservative MP Crispin Blunt has confirmed that he was arrested on Wednesday in connection with an allegation of rape.

In a statement, the Reigate MP said he had twice been interviewed by police "in connection with this incident".

He said he originally raised the incident with police three weeks ago over my concern about extortion".

He said he was cooperating with Surrey Police's investigation and was confident he would not be charged.

In a statement Mr Blunt, a former justice minister, said: "It has been reported that an MP was arrested yesterday [25 October] in connection with an allegation of rape. I am confirming that MP was me.

"The fact of the arrest requires a formal notification of the Speaker and then my chief whip.

"I have now been interviewed twice in connection with this incident, the first time three weeks ago, when I initially reported my concern over extortion.

"The second time was earlier this morning under caution following arrest. The arrest was unnecessary as I remain ready to cooperate fully with the investigation that I am confident will end without charge.

"I do not intend to say anything further on this matter until the police have completed their inquiries."

The Conservative Party has declined to comment. This is the latest sexual misconduct allegation to hit the party.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67233090

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote