View Single Post
Old 10-12-23, 05:43 PM   #189
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

More tests. And light and shadow.
The shadow first, I could nbot get Airlink runnign so far, the headset finds the PC, but refuses to connect to it. The online talk and noise on this apparently widespread problem is much and loud, nobody seems to really know a cure, even more so sicne some player report (with Quest 2) that a working installation suddenly after months of fine work stopped working. I had thjat twice with the old Rift, after a Windows Update. That garbage from Microsoft easily ruins an awful lot in the background.
I will try next tomorrow with a cable and more care for the USB ports, a quick such shot a hour ago also did not work. Hm...

To the lights added to the collection, First Person Tennis is a blast, super crispy and - it also features a passthrough mode, a specila one were you stand in your room and in your wll is a moving wide gate that opens upo to the tennis court. Its hard to explain, but it works and prevents you from smashing your TV with that smashing serve or last second power return. Of the court you see what you must. The openign moves left and right according to your own running at the baseline. It is ver yimprotant in this game to have an idea or better now: an image of where stuff stands aroudn you, elkse you ploay with a mentla handicap, you hold yourself back becasue fo fear of derstroying somethign with your swinging arms. I play his game like aberserk, with full physicla power, not just dont-touch-Granny-too-hard shy wrist moves of the racket like you see so often in youtube videos. I hit the ball like it should be hit in Tennis, and you can take that literally. Sweat must be shed, else it is no tennis.

Racket NX is now "unleashed". In this 360° squash-like game, you turn around your own axis a lot, so the cables of earlier headsets are a real handicap, even if they hang from the ceiling. Now there's full freedom of movement, I let off steam. It really did me good! You have to really get into these hit-the-ball simulations, you must donate rela power, then you'll get something satisfying out of them. Lets get raw! If Squash and Breakout would ever had a baby, this would have been it. 2-player playing is possible.

And Vermillion, what should I say, I have easel and brush stand and pallet holder now in the middle of my living room, it fits completely naturally into my furniture. I just can't get over it. It's just crazy. Völlig irre!.

First Person Tennis

Racket NX

Vermillion