Thread: On Health
View Single Post
Old 09-04-23, 02:06 PM   #98
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

On STATINS

Terrible nutrient assassin. They are one of the most profitable category of drugs and make the pharma industry very happy. But slowly, very slowly some doctors get suspicious of them. And that is good, just happens not fast enough.

Why I dont prescribe statins for high LDL cholesterol

If you take a statin, do these 7 things rioght now!

Statin side effects

Do statins actually work?

(^ around minute 6: they show the old trick is in action again: focussing the public on relative risk reduction value to sell a new drug, while the real valid info is in the absolute risk reduction value and may show all too ofgten anything but impressive efficiency. I see it since 3 years over and over and over again when I read on oecotrophology, studies from that branch, and discussions. Its underhanded and wants to mislead people.)

Statins are also associated with early dementia and neural degeneration, often become visible first in bad memory, and there is a link to diabetes, as the suggestion of hyperinsuline already implied.

I talked my father into not taking them, mentally he enjoyed benefits from that (he had one mi,d stroke). He is 79.

I think the motto must be: careful with statins, avoid if possible at all, and if you take them, massively (!!) supplement.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-04-23 at 03:26 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote