View Single Post
Old 07-04-23, 04:26 AM   #755
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Looks like Rishi has once again been found to be out of his depth.

Quote:
Sir Lindsay Hoyle has once again blasted the Government for making a big police announcement to the media before doing so in the House of Commons.

Rishi Sunak unveiled a major new NHS workforce plan, with a new 15 year drive to recruit an additional 300,000 NHS staff on Friday.

The Government trailed the big announcement to the media on Thursday night, with a televised press conference from Downing Street on Friday.

However, Parliamentary rules dictate big announcements must be made to MPs first.

Taking to the Speaker's chair today, a furious Sir Lindsay Hoyle blasted Rishi Sunak for once again sidelining Parliament.

In an angry rant, he said: "I thank the Secretary of State for coming here to make a statement, it's a pity the Prime Minister hadn't done so on Friday where the world was meant to hear it before we do".

"The Prime Minister is a member of Parliament, he is answerable to members of parliament from all political parties, and I've got to say it is not acceptable.

"He may well be the Prime Minister, but the members of Parliament should hear it first, so I'm very pleased the Secretary of State is doing it the right way."

It wasn't the first time Rishi Sunak has been at the receiving end of Lindsay Hoyle's wrath.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...f4d75dc9&ei=14

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote