View Single Post
Old 02-24-23, 01:46 PM   #108
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
I've always ridden in a group that's a mixed bag of brands, as expected you can just imagine the trashtalking in a good sense no one is spared of the others opinion when it comes to the other's brand but all in fun spirit.

Got an uncle and aunt which are pretty much HD in every sense of the word untill recently, they changed bikes to something that provides more rider comfort as their age have caught up.

What one spends on a motorcycle is all up to the rider to value it's worth he/she gets out of it. I wouldn't spend 30.000 on something that tends to shake itself apart and requires tons of maintenance and knowledge to keep running but I know there's people out there that love every bit of it.
In our group, it is all a mixed bag as well. Probably typical of most rider groups. There is always good nature-ed trash talking with regards to the various machines they ride. My opinion has always been ride what you like and what makes you happy. I like the looks and performance of sport bikes. However, I wouldn't want one. They don't suit my style of riding / driving. I prefer stretched out Cruisers with a wheelbase of 65 or so inches. Add a good saddle and floorboards and highway pegs and you can cruise in comfort for hours.

@ Neal. You had mentioned riding discomfort. A friend had the same issues and traded in his fairly new Gold Wing on a fully dressed Can Am Spyder three wheeler. It has loads of storage with 2 hard shell saddle bags and storage trunks, fore and aft. The Spyder runs great and can keep up with anything. He feels that stability will become an issue in the future. The only drawbacks are that they get about 30mpg.

Trash talking being what is is, I call his Spyder a High Mobility Geriatric Scooter. I can tell he appreciates my assessment and comments on his new wheels.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote